Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I just had a grandious Idea!!!

I admit, it is not exactly a new concept, but it is new to me. If you know me, then your know my plight with my projects. I start a lot of things, but hardly ever finish anything. But since I am now not having so many irons in the fire anymore, maybe I can devote some of my time back to my hobbies. So I thought it would be a great idea to commit to finishing a project every month. Now I am just talking about finishing something I have in the works, some pretty close to completion. Maybe some months I can start a project and finish it within the month, but it is supposed to help me get some of my Wip's (Works in progress) finished. So from today on, until October 1, 2013 I will post about my projects at the beginning of the month, tell what I am planning on finishing, and at the end of the month I will have to post a picture of my finished project. Now I ask you, my dear readers, to give me a hard time if I don't follow through. I don't mean to be rude to me, that would hurt my feelings, but I can handle friendly jest.

For this month I have picked a pair of basic mittens. I always like the fancy patterned mittens, and would love to make them, but am a little intimidated because I have no idea of the construction of a mitten. So my thought process was, if I make plain mittens, I will have a general idea of what I am doing, and the patterns will be easier to understand and follow. I have the first mitten 2/3 done, and should be able to start working on my first thumb soon. I will let you know how it all works out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment